Kool Shield Protects Your Freight
Kool Shield is a retractable thermal barrier designed to help you maintain cargo integrity. Humidity will not condense and build up on the reefer causing it to go into defrost. If the reefer needs to run, it will not be cooling the outdoors.
Two years of design, engineering, and testing have gone into making Kool Shield effective and practical. It was created for truckers by truckers. It offers truckers, haulers, and warehouse workers a minimally invasive solution for quick access to freight that protects against temperature loss, temperature claims, reefer overwork and unnecessary fuel consumption. Kool Shield is available to all refrigerated trucking companies who want to save money and extend the service life of their refrigeration systems. Kool Shield is a practical and inexpensive tool in the fight to reduce claims, protect products and meet the ever increasing demands of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
Kool Shield is available for Swing Doors, Roll-up Doors, Side Doors, and Box Trucks in both Manual and Electrically Operated models. If you haul refrigerated freight, we have a Kool Shield for you.
Kool Shield for Swing Doors
Whether you are waiting to be loaded or arriving at your destination the situation is often the same, you first open your swing doors and then back into the dock.
With a Kool Shield, a truck could sit in dock any number of hours with the swing doors open and the freight temperature will be maintained because ambient outside temperature will not invade the trailer.
When a forklift becomes available the Kool Shield™ whisks up out of the way in an instant.
Kool Shield for Roll Up Doors
Kool Shield for Roll-Up Door adds ease-of-use and dead-air space between typically “hot” rear roll-up doors and the product. Roll Up doors have always been high maintenance: springs, rollers, wires, door panels, lock mechanisms… Exterior roll up doors do not tend to be user friendly over their life cycle because moving parts wear quickly making the door harder to use.
Kool Shield for Roll-Up Door is more ergonomically sound for drivers to pull down during multiple drop deliveries. Kool Shield™ reduces actuation of the exterior door, thus extending the life cycle of that door while reducing maintenance costs. The added dead-air space between the exterior door and load during transportation reduces heat on the rear of the load, which is another huge benefit.
Kool Shield for Side Doors
Instead of strip curtains that get in the way (often times get cut off) now your operators and equipment can be protected by Kool Shield. Kool Shield operates in a noninvasive track, which gives the Kool Shield a tamper resistant capability, on top of fuel savings, cool retentions, and all the rest.
Kool Shield for side door covers a 50” wide door. The tracks do not invade the door area, reducing the width. It can be retrofitted in any trailer, usually in less than 3 hours. The mandrel is kept clean and safe in an aluminum cabinet close to the ceiling. The Kool Shield can also be retracted from the inside of the truck.
Features of the Electrically Operated, Remotely Controlled Kool Shield for Swing, Roll Up, and Side Doors
- Unit can be powered from the reefer battery, lift gate battery or auxiliary supply. Operates on 12 volts DC. Power demand is minimal.
- Kool Shield opens and closes in approximately 3.5 seconds.
- Control is single button control. When the remote controller button is pushed the Kool Shield will reverse it position. If it is open, it will close and if it is closed it will open.
- Remote controllers are available in two single button styles – Key fob and Hand Held controller. The hand held controller is the size of a pack of regular cigarettes.
- Manual controls are available that install inside the trailer or outside are available as:
- A toggle switch recessed into a cup in the side wall.
- A push button that is surfaced mounted on the trailer wall.
- A rocker switch that installs on the exterior of the trailer.
- Remote controls operate at a range over 50′ from the trailer or box truck.
- The controller that is standard equipment with the electric units can be set in the field to operate in several differnt modes as desired by the user. The operating modes are:
- Manual operation only using switch or pushbutton
- Remote control – Kool Shield opens when remote or switch/pushbutton is activated and closes automatically after a preset delay. Delay is adjustable from 4 to 18 seconds in one second increments.
- Remote control – Kool dhield opens when remote or switch is activated and closes when remote or switch is activated. There is no automatic close.
- The side door Kool shield is equipped with an interior switch that allows the driver to open or close the Kool Shield from the inside.
- The swing door and roll up door Kool Dhields are equipped with a “Load” switch that when pushed opens the Kool Shield and leaves it open until the driver activates any one of the regular manual or remote controls. This feature allows the Distribution Center to load the trailer or truck without any automatic closing of the Kool Shield.